Saturday 12 July 2008

Glebe Point Diner

Just got in from a meal at Glebe Point Diner, to celebrate the end of our first full week in Sydney!

It was really amazing, and such good value considering what you would pay for a similar standard in the UK. We started with trout (Mark) and crab (me). I got to use the crab pokey stick for the first time! You know when they give you the crab legs and you get a little skewer to poke in to get at the meat? I was a little lost at first, but soon got the hang of it. It was delicious. Main course was even better - we both had ruby mullet with mussels on a potato bed, with some kale on top.

I'm not usually a pudding person and rarely have desert in restaurants, but we decided to go for it and I must say it was possibly my favourite course of the three. We shared a chocolate mousse and a strawberry trifle and both were delicious.

The waiting staff were wonderfully friendly, and the guy even brought out a leaf of kale on a plate to show the table next to ours when they asked what cale was! Haha, I only know what kale is because that was the guinea pig's favourite food.

With a decent bottle of wine the bill came to just over $160. Not bad at all for the standard of food and service, and definitely somewhere we will be going back to.

No comments: