Monday 19 July 2010

In which the sky is blue and the Opera House gleams

Opera1


Opera House in mid-winter......

Sunday was the most beautiful, sunny warm day. I took the train to Circular Quay and walked up to the Opera House, out of boredom more than anything. There were so many people. Opera Bar was heaving and they had live music outside.

Opera2


The sails look so smooth from a distance. It always surprises me to see the mosaic effect close up.

SydneyCBD


The city gleams. I took a very similar photo back on the first day I arrived in Sydney.

From the Opera House, I walked back round Circular Quay and into the Rocks, stopping at that little cafe for a Florentine (my favourite ever biscuit). Wandered further on up George Street suffering a severe coffee craving and trying to find a flat white that wasn't $4.50 ($3.50 is really my upper limit when paying for coffee) but failed. Sat around Susannah Place for a little while, then gandered back down George Street all the way to St James for the train home.

Tonight I am working uggh. Although it is less painful when at home on the sofa with a cup of tea and the tv on. I'm out of the office on a management course for the next couple of days, so it's going to be very busy trying to catch up. Mark is back home first thing in the morning, so hopefully I'll see him before I go to work!

2 comments:

Australian Visa Advice said...

I love you shots of Sydney, they are superbly sharp! The Opera house shot is my favourite. What camera do you use?

- Avid Photographer - ;)

Anna said...

Thanks! I use an old Canon EOS 10D DSLR.