Sunday 21 June 2009

12. juni - geburtstag usw.

Letzte Woche hatte ich meinen 25. Geburtstag. I opened my presents before I went to work which made me all late, haha.

Photobucket

Got these books by Chimamanda Adichie from Mark' parents. I've read most of 'Half of a Yellow Sun' so far and it is really good. I have been learning lots about Biafra and the Nigerian Civil War.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beads from my mummy. Also got earrings that look similar.

Photobucket

And this scarf. Also, a new black cardigan (super long one!) Got new belt and a stripy top and a pink top/dress from Bec, but they are in the wash and I cannot show you today...

Photobucket

Mark got me the P.A.M. Perks and Mini fang necklace !!!!!! I have wanted it for so long!

Photobucket

It is amazing. People get confused by it, it's great. Someone at work went to me "oh, you're into that kind of thing are you?" and I didn't really know what they meant by "that kind of thing" so I sort of went "oh well, y'know" and ambled off quickly. I suppose they mean goffs. Sally at work loves my fangs and we talked for a long while about goffs and going to Whitby and enjoying the old goffic. I miss Whitby a great deal, I realise.

After work I met Mark by Hyde Park and we went for martinis on Crown Street and then went to eat at Bill's (Surry Hills one which is a full restaurant - I'd not been to that one before), which was lovable. Then got a taxi up to the rocks to watch a band at the wharf. Bridezilla played, who we also saw on the bank holiday at the FBi benefit gig. They were good, but I was tired and afterwards we pootled very quickly home to slumber.

This is all to report...since then it has rained....A LOT.

Photobucket

Got this ring for $5 at Glebe markets a few weeks ago. Woo. Off to watch The Singing Detective on DVD now. Watched 5 hours of it yesterday afternoon while the rain came down! It makes no sense and yet is strangely captivating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I love this jewellry.
I have found your blog througha google search, I am a student who is looking for British people who now live in Australia to fill out a survey, I would appreciate it if you would do this. It is about tea, which you mention you like!
you can find it here
http://messenga.co.uk/survey

it is totally annoymous and I will not know what you have answered. If you know anyone else who might be interested please pass the link on.
Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Or to tell me how rude I am!