Wednesday 7 January 2009

Christmas

Photobucket

So, Christmas is over for another year. Our cards are in a pile on the table, no longer filling the mantelpiece, and the tinsel and our little baby tree are both back in the box marked "Christmas" for another year. Here is how we spent the last couple of weeks. I was so very spoilt I might now just hire a butler to do the blog for me.

[& I wish that was our Christmas tree, lol. But it's just the one in the Queen Victoria Building shopping arcade thing in Sydney.]

----

On Christmas eve I had to work until about 4pm. Then I wandered home on the train. Mark had been to the fish market that afternoon so I ate my weight in raw tuna for dinner. Mmmmm raw tuna....

We watched Love Actually on the laptop and drank sparkling wine. After that we watched some episodes of House and went to bed around 1.30am.

Photobucket

The living room on Christmas morning. We woke up early and talked on Skype with Mark's mum (UK was still on Christmas Eve).

Then we "unwrapped" our present from my parents - TV!!! We'd been to pick it up the day before and hidden it in a cupboard. It's a 32" Panasonic thing.

Photobucket

We got it set up and looked at the TV channels (rubbish), then plugged in our DVD player and watched Fight Club before cracking on with more presents...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mark was excited by my mum sending him Harry Potter in Ancient Greek.

Some things I/we got:

- Two cardigans from Topshop;
- 3 pairs of earrings + 1 necklace from Accessorize;
- 'Liver' by Will Self;
- The Mighty Book of Boosh;
- La Vie en Rose DVD;
- Downfall DVD;
- SATC movie DVD (lol);
- MAC liquid eyeliner in a bright blue colour;
- Harry Potter in Ancient Greek;
- Skins series 2 DVD;
- Mighty Boosh radio series CD;
- Allure Sensuelle by Chanel;
- Jewelry box


Mark got me a Canon EOS 10D DSLR camera beast. I was very overexcited and we went to the park to play with it and also the throwy thing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The park was busy. Xmas Day is really weird here because you actually see people all over doing stuff, and public transport works and stuff is open for business. Totally different to the UK where you basically go into a cocoon inside for several days and just...eat.

Oh hang on, more presents! I told you I was the most spoilt ever didn't I? Well, Mark also got me a Singer sewing machine....

Photobucket

Apparently it does work. I'll probably still buy a modern one at some point though. This one is more for looking nice, and Mark says he got it really cheap off someone on Gumtree.

And then I got a PIANO.

Photobucket

A BLOODY PIANO!!!!

In the evening, we watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD and ate oysters and drank too much champagne and I don't remember going to bed but it was a lot of fun.

No comments: