Tuesday 25 November 2008

Macaroni Cheese

Photobucket

*Bounces gleefully*

This was the best macaroni cheese EVER.

The only slip-up was the fact that I rather erroneously forgot to divide the amounts in the recipe and have ended up with macaroni cheese to feed 6. And the only person here is me. Oops. Oh well....I know what I'll be having for lunch tomorrow! And dinner....! (Although I draw the line at breakfast.)

Recipe

Melt 40g butter in saucepan.
Add 40g plain flour and stir obsessively.
Add approx. 400ml milk, slowly, keep stirring like life depends on it.
Bring to boil, keep stirring, no slacking. Then add a bit extra milk and leave to simmer, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile....
Boil macaroni.
Just before pasta is done, add a load of grated cheese and french mustard to the sauce. Stir in.
Drain pasta and put into dish, and cover in sauce. Mix it up a bit. Put tomatoes on top.
Bake super-hot for 20-30 minutes.
Douse in Worcester Sauce.
CONSUME!

No comments: