Monday 24 November 2008

Furniture

Having grown tired of endless pootling around furniture stores, antique stores, junk stores looking for furniture we actually liked, we resorted to eBay last week. Which turned out surprisingly successful!

Photobucket

Mark got this chair. It was half way through a restoration but the guy gave up. We're gonna get the cushion covered soon. It's very comfy.

Photobucket

Drawers! Having gone from two huge fitted wardrobes in our Nottingham flat to...well...nothing over here, there was a clothes storage crisis. This has solved the problem AND looks amazing. I like how both things have the little tapered legs. Like elegant little gazelles. Gazelles? I clearly know nothing about furniture....

It was interesting to hear the stories of the guys who were selling the furniture when they brought it round. The guy with the chair had been planning to start up a furniture business, restoring this kind of style of stuff, but he said it just never got off the ground so he was now selling on a lot of the stock he had collected. The other guy simply collected furniture of this type, and said that obviously every now and again he ended up with way too much, and had to sell some on.


Mark is in Canberra. He left at some ungodly hour this morning (5.45am I think) and will be back on Thursday. It is odd to be all alone in the house for the first time. I'm going to make a thai yellow curry with the rest of my prawns and get early to bed I think. I was going to make macaroni cheese (Mark doesn't like it, I have to wait til he's away) but I forgot to buy Worcestershire Sauce on the way home and to have macaroni cheese without Worcester Sauce is having a car without an engine. It just won't go.

No comments: