Saturday 6 September 2008

Home sweet home.

Well, we finally made it to our new house! After a month of going near crazy in dead dump North Ryde, we moved on Wednesday into the house in Meadowbank. So far, it is every bit as good as I remembered! Beautiful period features (especially the fireplaces) and so much space! Plus there is actually public transport here! The train station is 5 minutes walk down the road, and my journey to work is now a relaxing 40-50 minutes, which is a big improvement on the almost TWO HOURS it was taking from North Ryde.

After a night sleeping on the floor on Wednesday (fortunately wrapped in our new big soft duvet), our bed arrived and it is the comfiest thing. Which is a relief considering how much we eventually decided to spend on a mattress (hope it lasts a good few years). Also the dining table and chairs got delivered from the awesome junk shop on Broadway, along with Mark's new office chair.

I will definitely get some pictures up on here in the next few days. There are two things stopping me at the moment:
1. We are now in our third day of torrential rain, and I cannot get out to photograph the outside without being washed away (I don't think much of Australian spring yet!); and
2. I have been ill, ill, ill. I have been coming down with something all week, then on Thursday night I pretty much just broke. Friday I called in sick to work and was bedridden all day, sleeping mostly. I'm getting better now, and hopefully my recovery will coincide with the rain clearing up!

When I am better I am hoping to start going to some dance classes at Sydney Dance Company. I really want to do Ballet again, but the classes have a dress code and for ballet it is obviously leotards. I'm going to feel quite shy starting at the classes on my own anyway, and I think having to turn up in nought but a leotard just might push me over the edge of comfortableness! So I think I'm going to start with Jazz or Contemporary dance since for those you can just wear gym clothes (leggings, jogging bottoms, t-shirts) and see how that goes first. Also ballet requires proper ballet shoes which I can't really afford on top of the cost of the classes for the next few weeks because of all the money spent on the house and money lost being off work sick, whereas the other classes can be done in bare feet.

I'll leave you with a picture of the beach at Meadowbank - taken obviously in better weather!

2 comments:

mutikonka said...

Well you're handy for Ikea ... and you could even commute by ferry into the city

Raúl said...

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito todos los dias visita tu el mio y si t gusta deja un comentario y nos linkeamos los blogs