Tuesday 17 March 2009

Nothing of note

There is little of note to report of late. Mark has got a cold and was not feeling well at the weekend, so we stayed in bed until 3pm(!) on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday.

We went to see The Reader on Sunday evening, which is good but lacked impact I felt, and leaves you feeling slightly confused about which character to empathize with. Also, I didn't like how the actors spoke English with a German accent, even though they are mostly native English speakers (Kate Winslet etc). Yes the story is set in Germany and they are meant to be German characters, but they are speaking English because it's a Hollywood film. You can't convince us they are German just because zey haf a comedy aczent.
I liked it in Moulin Rouge where all the actors were allowed to use their own accents. I like how Baz Lurhrman didn't try to pretend they were all speaking French, he just sort of went "well, they can't speak French, so let them talk however they want".

Russell tomorrow night!! Aw I've been refreshing his twitter and basking in the love of him being in Sydney, "marauding through Sydney" even...he is so jetlagged though bless. "I love your country [Australia]. It's like a tidy bedroom in the sun."

Anyway. Oh goodness surely after however many days I can furnish you with a more substantial blogpost than this ?? Oh...errrm....maybe I can find you some pictures from the archives....

Photobucket

Here's my new (to me) Ghormenghast trilogy. I couldn't pass up such lovely editions in the secondhand section of Berkelouw Newtown.

Photobucket

Psammead! He'll grant you a wish, but remember....all wishes end at sunset!

No comments: