Sunday 3 August 2008

Temp bush ranger

Here I am in North Ryde! The accommodation up here is actually pretty nice, and it's good to have our own bathroom/kitchen again and not have to share. The house is nice and spacious, with big open plan area downstairs and bedroom, en suite and main bathroom upstairs - a nice change from two of us in one small double room! The downside we already knew about - it is literally in the middle of nowhere. There is a bus stop outside but there is only one bus an hour into the city for most of the day, and the nearest life is Macquarie University 20 minutes walk away. The Macquarie shopping centre is walkable too though, in about 30 minutes, and there are some pretty good shops there. Otherwise there is just a park on every block and a few houses.

We have been trying to make the best of it however. We explored the complimentary sauna facilities yesterday evening, which was lovely, and today we went to Mac Uni sports centre and played squash and then went swimming. I am horrific at squash, but then I am horrific at all sport except running, and the squash was ok so I shall go again I think. I am also horrific at swimming but it's fun to flap around.

On Friday I started my new illustrious career as a.... temp. Haha. I had a day assignment, and have work again for tomorrow and Tuesday this week. Going ok so far, and I am getting about £10 an hour, but I need to get a proper job asap really so I don't feel like a failure!
My Friday assignment was down in Pyrmont. I didn't realise how easy it was to get there (basically I didn't realise there was a bridge over Darling Harbour you could walk on), so I was there an hour early! Fortunately it was a nice day and it was nice wandering around on the wharf, so I took some pictures to entertain myself. So here is the view from Wharf 7 in Pyrmont at 7.30am on a winter's day, with the sun just rising over the Central Business District.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: